Author Topic: Badius Owners Club 2  (Read 293648 times)

Offline NYFlyer

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
Re: Badius Owners Club 2
« Reply #13530 on: July 08, 2017, 06:57:24 PM »
  One of the few things getting airtime today was a really cool autogyro. Full cabin CF bodywork, Turbo Rotax engine. I had seen it around the airport, but had not gotten a good look at it until today. Owner had just got back from a flight and we chatted a bit before he took off with another EAA member. When he returned I was with a few people by the main hangar, and he yelled over to me and pointed at his plane.

That was all I needed! next thing I know I was in the back seat and airborne, 5 min later, he handed over the controls and I flew it for quite a while, and was pretty comfortable with it. Different feeling from a fixed wing, and you had to pay a lot of attention to yaw, and your nose attitude, especially in tight hard banked turns. Needs a lot of backstick there.

It was fun, and I would love to try it again. If I get to fly in the paraplane tomorrow, it would definitely be a weekend of the oddballs of aviation added to my list of full scale rides.

Here is a pic I took of it at the Pancake Breakfast. I didn't have a camera with me today, or I would have gotten some detail shots as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 07:00:17 PM by NYFlyer »

Offline AceJ

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13531 on: July 09, 2017, 02:01:56 AM »
now that is just too cool  8)
Well I flew it up there,,, now how do we get it down,,,,,,,,, NO MARK put that gun away

Offline NYFlyer

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13532 on: July 09, 2017, 01:21:36 PM »
Back there today. Winds were steadier than yesterday, but still excessive for the paraplane. I did get a good flight with my old school .60 Ugly Stick, (after a few issues getting going) but at least I flew something bigger today. Post flight I noticed the bearings are getting a bit noisy, so will ground this one until fixed, or might just swap engines with something else I have while I get bearings.