Author Topic: Badius Owners Club 2  (Read 302808 times)

Offline NYFlyer

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
Re: Badius Owners Club 2
« Reply #13530 on: July 08, 2017, 06:57:24 PM »
  One of the few things getting airtime today was a really cool autogyro. Full cabin CF bodywork, Turbo Rotax engine. I had seen it around the airport, but had not gotten a good look at it until today. Owner had just got back from a flight and we chatted a bit before he took off with another EAA member. When he returned I was with a few people by the main hangar, and he yelled over to me and pointed at his plane.

That was all I needed! next thing I know I was in the back seat and airborne, 5 min later, he handed over the controls and I flew it for quite a while, and was pretty comfortable with it. Different feeling from a fixed wing, and you had to pay a lot of attention to yaw, and your nose attitude, especially in tight hard banked turns. Needs a lot of backstick there.

It was fun, and I would love to try it again. If I get to fly in the paraplane tomorrow, it would definitely be a weekend of the oddballs of aviation added to my list of full scale rides.

Here is a pic I took of it at the Pancake Breakfast. I didn't have a camera with me today, or I would have gotten some detail shots as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 07:00:17 PM by NYFlyer »

Offline AceJ

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13531 on: July 09, 2017, 02:01:56 AM »
now that is just too cool  8)
Well I flew it up there,,, now how do we get it down,,,,,,,,, NO MARK put that gun away

Offline NYFlyer

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13532 on: July 09, 2017, 01:21:36 PM »
Back there today. Winds were steadier than yesterday, but still excessive for the paraplane. I did get a good flight with my old school .60 Ugly Stick, (after a few issues getting going) but at least I flew something bigger today. Post flight I noticed the bearings are getting a bit noisy, so will ground this one until fixed, or might just swap engines with something else I have while I get bearings.

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13533 on: July 25, 2017, 05:06:05 PM »
Too cool Phil. What an odd looking bird. And to get some stick time on one would be wild.
What? Me worry?

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13534 on: August 08, 2017, 03:44:43 PM »
Well just to let you know, I've kept up with more odd ball boo boos.

Dislocated my left index finger. Of all things putting on a shoe.  ::) In the garage, as stated, putting on my shoes. Used said finger to slip the heel into the shoe. At the same time the dog ran behind me, knocking me off balance. Of course I threw my foot down to keep from falling, and snapped the finger 90 degrees to the right.  Yes I cried, even more so when I put it back in place. :'(

But wait there's more.  I go into the bathroom to get some Tylenol. Unscrew the cap on the bottle and slice my other index finger on the foil wrapper.   Of course dropped the bottle, blood and pills spilling on the floor.  ::)

Do you know how hard it is to try and pick up a bunch of pills when you can't use your index fingers? Cripes.

In totally unrelated news, I saw today the RCG has been sold to some internet company. Hope it doesn't go the way of RC Universe.
What? Me worry?

Offline AceJ

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13535 on: August 10, 2017, 04:37:02 AM »
Wow Brad that sux
Well I flew it up there,,, now how do we get it down,,,,,,,,, NO MARK put that gun away

Offline export!

• I try to keep the site running
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Skunkworks North
« Reply #13536 on: August 28, 2017, 04:18:21 PM »
Does anyone here have their Ham licence?  I'm about to write the test.

Long story short, I bought some cool radios to use as walkie talkies, found out they're way illegal without a lic. , did some investigating and kinda got hooked on the study guides.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."

Offline AceJ

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13537 on: August 31, 2017, 06:35:30 AM »
Is it just me or did we lose some of the forum

Offline export!

• I try to keep the site running
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Skunkworks North
« Reply #13538 on: September 01, 2017, 05:04:24 AM »
I removed a bunch of the stickies on topics so the most recently used ones would appear at the top of t he list. Nothing was lost,  just a reordering.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."

Offline AceJ

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13539 on: September 01, 2017, 05:40:49 AM »
I see, auh err  no I don't  ;) ;D

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13540 on: September 05, 2017, 05:48:37 PM »
Still waiting on my $5.00 back from the FAA. Wonder if they'll reimburse me for all the FAA number stickers I had made up. ;D

Anywho, folks down here amaze me. It's hurricane season, been close once already, and with Irma we may get wiped off the map.
Me? I've been prepped for years. Gen set, fuel, water, canned goods, tarps, paper goods, meds, etc.

Today at the shop we got wiped out of flashlights, batteries, gas cans, carb cleaner, fuel filters, 2 cycle fuel and oils, they even bought all the water out of the machine.  Gas stations have lines like the old fuel shortage days, and the grocery stores are packed like they are giving food away. Folks told me you couldn't find parking at Wally World.  ::)

And these folks get mad when they come in and find out we and other places have already been cleaned out.
What? Me worry?

Offline Gunfighter51

• -
  • Pilot in Training
« Reply #13541 on: September 06, 2017, 04:38:16 AM »
Brad,
   Are you planning on riding this one out?
   If so your brave.

How about AJ, he's in harms way too!
   Same with Ray!

You guys be safe!

Offline AceJ

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13542 on: September 06, 2017, 06:07:14 AM »
Brad and Ray are in a far more risky place than I am on this one, or least if the projected path holds
Brad I hope you and family make the right call and stay safe. I hope Ray does the same
For us we are watching it carefully and if it looks to come through here strong we will hook up the camper and head north west
being poor white trash that we are  ;D and living in a mobile home surrounded by 100 ft pines I don't take these storms for granted. just 1 of the trees in my yard if sent the right direction could take out our place
the storm that came through last year damaged and destroyed over a dozen homes here. we were lucky as our place didn't get touched, we went north of here where we thought it was safe but just a 1/4 mile from where we were camping the outer bands came through in the middle of the night and reaked havic taking out trees and knocking out power all over the place
at one point I thought it was going to flip the camper over
this time we will go farther

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13543 on: September 07, 2017, 03:12:25 AM »
Yeah we're going to ride it out. Already had stuff prepped, old Boy Scout at work I guess. Food, gen set, gas, lots of water, etc.
From the looks of the reports today it's going to climb right up the middle of Florida then head up to AJ's. Already have mandatory  evacuations for Miami/Dade county.

Wind is going to be a beach. I've got a bunch of old oaks behind the house, but the one I'm worried about is the one between our house and the neighbor's place. If it goes, one of us is going to lose a home for sure.

Of course my money hungry employer doesn't give a damn, told us if we lose power, we can just go old school doing everything by hand, and using the old credit card slider to ring up sales.  Yeah right. If it's bad, the last place I'm going to go is into work.
What? Me worry?

Offline Gunfighter51

• -
  • Pilot in Training
« Reply #13544 on: September 08, 2017, 06:20:46 AM »
Brad, It looks like you couldn't leave if you wanted to.

I think it will go further west, the models are creeping that way.