Author Topic: Badius Owners Club 2  (Read 295996 times)

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
Re: Badius Owners Club 2
« Reply #13470 on: April 11, 2017, 04:25:26 PM »
I guess we'll find out, it's aerosol so I'm just putting on enough to give it a light coat. Figure it would hold up better to abrasion then just the foam. 

Going with clear on the bottom, and some color on top.  Am trying out something tonight on some scrap pieces.  Hit them with adhesion promoter first, then a coat or two of the clear to see how it reacts/ looks.
What? Me worry?

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13471 on: April 12, 2017, 11:23:21 AM »
Well it seemed to work nice on the scrap pieces of foam.

Anywho, gusty out today, but threw caution and the Opterra to the wind.  On Safe she flew as they say, on rails. Wind didn't bother her at all. I was watching the birds getting tossed around yet the Opterra stayed planted.

Will need to make some adjustments on the cameras, 808b was too low so all I got was most of the rear fuse.
On the front, You can't see the record button, so I used the watch. It worked, but some dumb asp had hit the on button on the camera 2 times so all I got was one photo....
What? Me worry?

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13472 on: April 13, 2017, 01:39:11 AM »
Well one camera problem corrected. I used a piece of brass tubing to bore a hole down through the fuselage and camera adapter in the nose. This allows me to see the light on the camera to verify it's on and recording, without removing the camera.

Now need to change the mount for the 808 so I get a better shot/view from it.
What? Me worry?

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13473 on: April 17, 2017, 02:39:43 AM »
Well got her in a new skin. Kinda weird. It's now got a rubbery feel to it. Gotta admit though, it makes it easier to hold onto the grips. Added some Diamond plate tape to the top of the wings to break up the all white. Might also add a bit of a flash when the sun catches it. Also some chrome tape to the LE, as coming at you it's a little dot with a line running through it.

Going to head out this morning and see what happens.
What? Me worry?

Offline AceJ

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13474 on: April 17, 2017, 02:48:30 AM »
looks pretty cool  8)
Well I flew it up there,,, now how do we get it down,,,,,,,,, NO MARK put that gun away

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13475 on: April 17, 2017, 05:30:39 AM »
Just got back. Note 1: it needs wind in it's face to launch, or I'm a whoosie at throwing.  ::)
Couple of tosses and into the tall grass.
Waited a bit till the wind started and it flew off like nothing.

And boy if it's not in a turn or overhead, you can loose sight of it in the blink of an eye.

But all in all she came back unscathed.  ;D
What? Me worry?

Offline export!

• I try to keep the site running
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Skunkworks North
« Reply #13476 on: April 17, 2017, 07:31:51 AM »
Throw some cameras into er.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."

Offline Gunfighter51

• -
  • Pilot in Training
« Reply #13477 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:49 AM »
I like the diamond plate tape!
Makes me want to get the Stryker out. and see if I can still fly.

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13478 on: April 18, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »
Mac you forgot more then I'll ever know about flying. I still remember the dragging the tail in the snow you did.

Scott, I wasn't about to risk my oh so inexpensive cameras till I knew it would fly. Okay it will fly, I had to make sure I could. :P

I'll get the action camera in the nose and rig the 808 in the belly and see what happens.  ;)
What? Me worry?

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13479 on: April 21, 2017, 02:23:38 AM »
Note to self, It's pretty bad when your equipment is smarter then you are.

Got a new phone, after the Verizon fiasco, if anyone want's it, PM me and I'll give you the new number.

Anywho, having to learn the ins and outs of the phone I did manage to download the app for the camera.

First, camera needs to be on, to use the app. Dumb asp!  ::)

Second, phone has to have WiFi set up to work. Note there, don't trust Dish Customer Service to help you with the password.
Yes it has a password on the router label, but that's not the password for it, it uses the ID number instead.  Took multiple uneducated guesses to get it to work.

Third, camera has to be in the search for WiFi signal mode for phone to talk to camera, and visa versa.

And lastly, make sure batteries in both camera and phone are fully charged when attempting all this. Yep camera battery died in the middle of such and dufas here didn't realize it while trying to figure out why it wasn't working.  ::)

Yea!!! It works!  Can operate the camera via the phone, and view what the camera sees on the phone.  An itsy bitsy step into FPV.

Anyone wanna take any bets on how long it takes me to screw up and loose the plane and camera while watching the phone?
What? Me worry?

Offline export!

• Fighter Pilot
  • Skunkworks North
« Reply #13480 on: April 22, 2017, 10:39:10 AM »
One word.  Spotter. Get one,  trust me.

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13481 on: April 24, 2017, 04:18:14 AM »
One word.  Spotter. Get one,  trust me.

;)
What? Me worry?

Offline NYFlyer

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #13482 on: May 02, 2017, 06:24:51 PM »
Looks good Brad. Sounds like it flies as I thought it would.
  I am still waiting on the slow boat from China to arrive with my parts, but did have one of the small cams come in. No use without the goggles tho. Weighs 3.4 grams. Quad with camera and batt are a bit under 25 grams RTF.

Offline Glacier Girl

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
  • Kamikaze Ace
« Reply #13483 on: May 07, 2017, 02:05:51 PM »
Well had a bad and good day today, no flying or working on the race car.

Had to have Elijah, our Lab put to sleep this morning. Kinda like Sargent, he started having trouble with his back legs.
This morning he couldn't use them at all, and it was pitiful as he tried to crawl with just his front legs. 

Well now he's not suffering anymore. Jean is taking it pretty hard, E was her baby and he was her security, so he thought.
And yeah I'm going to miss the Little Black Bassturd. :'(

On the good side, Had Shane make a dad proud.  One of the teams we compete with is involved in a competition across the US, RS Motorsports, is racing at One Lap America. At Memphis this week they damaged their engine. Which without a fix would put them out of the competition.

Shane offered up his spare engine as soon as he heard of their plight. Part of their team is pulling the engine from their car, and headed to Road Atlanta with the rest of their cars.  Meanwhile some of the other team members are making a road trip to Tampa to pick up and prep the engine, then they are going to meet up in Sebring to put it all together.
Pretty cool.
What? Me worry?

Offline export!

• Fighter Pilot
  • Skunkworks North
« Reply #13484 on: May 07, 2017, 06:46:03 PM »
My heart feels heavy hearing about Elijah Brad. Our old JRT, Leroy is still acting like a 2Y/O but his bladder is letting him down and I wonder what is next.  God it's so tough.  You wonder why you enter the relationship sometimes but it's so rewarding for the most part.