Author Topic: Lou's T-Rex 450  (Read 4631 times)

Offline NYFlyer

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
Re: Lou's T-Rex 450
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2010, 06:08:25 AM »
Ken,
  I actually have one of those older articulating arm stands that he mentions in the beginning of the video. They were made for the older larger gas heli's and worked quite well. They actually had more motion for the heli, and you could actually fly 360 degrees around the center point.

They wouldn't work for a small electrics as shown since they would be a bit heavy for the heli to lift. The one I have was given to me from the estate of one of my late modeling friends. it was destined for the trash heap, since no one wanted it. I was going to dismantle it for the aluminum stock, but never did.

Offline ferndale

• Fighter Pilot
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »
I figured it out  :D :D
...Keep flying the plane....

Hot Glue, the Bondo of the airplane repair world

Offline ferndale

• Fighter Pilot
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »
Here's the situation.  With my sudden ability to fly the mCPX, I pulled out the big Rex battery and charged it.  I tossed the battered blades and balanced and installed new ones.  Checked through the heli and adjusted the rudder servo.  So It is ready for a test over the weekend.

I am still amazed at the mCPX learning curve.  I was sort of flying it last Thursday, today I am hovering and flying in wind.  Bizarre.  That the way I hold the radio is that important is so important just seems wrong.
...Keep flying the plane....

Hot Glue, the Bondo of the airplane repair world