Author Topic: Testing-- is this forum still active?  (Read 914 times)

Offline Brewerpaul

• Tarmac Painter
Testing-- is this forum still active?
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:03:32 PM »
Hi-- it doesn't look like any new posts, so I'm just testing.

Offline Loubud

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
Re: Testing-- is this forum still active?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:24:36 PM »
Hi Paul
Site is up and running. At the top of the page just click on "unread posts". Should be a lot of stuff you haven't seen.

ORRR
http://badiusownersclub.com/forum2/index.php?topic=249.new;topicseen#new
Vegetarian. Old Indian word meaning Lousy Hunter.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."
Thomas Jefferson

(It's all Terry's fault)

Offline Brewerpaul

• Tarmac Painter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 04:28:43 PM »
Lou!  How ya doin' ol' buddy?  I'm glad to see you still hanging in there.

I've been getting the flying itch again and am considering either a Dynam Hawk Sky or a Skysurfer.  Stock, they'll glide and ride thermals but it looks like a lot of people mod them to be more aerobatic.  they seem to be a good way to break into ailerons too.

Offline Loubud

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:04:41 AM »
Hi Paul,
 Lots of planes and other stuff out there since you've been gone. How's nursing goin? It appears that working in a hospital is the way to go these days. You did the right thing moving over.

Hit the main thread and the boys will help with another plane. Quads are all the rage now. Cameras, gps, etc. Even inexpensive jobbies with tons of goodies. Perfect for indoor winter and outside when the snow goes away.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."
Thomas Jefferson

(It's all Terry's fault)

Offline Brewerpaul

• Tarmac Painter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »
Nursing continues to have been a good move on my part.  I sometimes work with my podiatric colleagues on their cases, and the stories they tell about increasing insurance woes, governmental regs and declining reimbursement make me ever happier that I made the move.

I'm not interested in a quad right now.  Doesn't seem like real flying, if you know what I mean.  I do have a little heli I can fly indoors when the weather sucks.  Outdoors I'm more interested in soaring, loops, rolls etc.
Back to healthcare-- how have you been doing?  I seem to recall an issue or so...

Offline Loubud

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 06:16:05 AM »
The declining reimbursement may be the worst. Not worth working at such low rates. Rules that change on a regular basis. The Dr.'s suffer and worse, the patients since medicare patients must be dropped. But you know more about this than I.

I'm still sick and it still pizzes me off. I did at one point accept what ailes me. Bad idea. I regressed in short order. Had to fix that one but I didn't fully recover from it.

I've had an explanation on "fighting" what ailes you for sometime now. Be it cancer or physical therapy. The general public knows this is necessary but what does it actually mean? Put on some boxing gloves and beat the snot out of your shadow? No.

Fighting is the willingness to have yet another round of chemo treatment or going that extra yard on the treadmill when you think you can't do anymore.

Sheesh! Brain fart. I had a better explanation but can't put it into words. Mebee later. 8)

Thomas Jefferson

(It's all Terry's fault)

Offline Loubud

• -
  • Fighter Pilot
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 06:19:51 AM »
Flying now is all 2.4 stuff. You'll probably need to start from scratch for newer planes. Keep the Slow Stick as it is but the new stuff needs to be the new stuff. Hobby King has the TX and RX and lipos cheap. Hop on the main thread and the boys will fix you up. A high wing trainer is a good start after practicing with your SS.

Thomas Jefferson

(It's all Terry's fault)